1. The good friends I made. People whom I probably would not otherwise have met and without whom my life would be less rich and enjoyable.
2. The kindness and helpfulness of people who are willing to share things with other fans, and who expect nothing in return.
3. Slash appearing on the Internet so that I could find it, rather than go through my entire life thinking I was weird because of my fantasies about two male characters being together.
4. The huge diversity of talent and creativity that is around to produce and maintain stories, zines, songvids, website, archives, communities, artwork, and all other fandom goodies.
5. For keeping me sane when my disability got to the stage where I had to take medical retirement.