Given I have written over 1,500 stories this is actually a rather difficult question.
I have quite a few favourites for different reasons. Do I go with the story I personally think is my best story? Do I go with the very first story I wrote? Do I go with my first zine published story? Do I got with the first drabble - given that was such a huge change in my writing? Do I go with my first real challenge when I ventured into something I never thought I'd write? Etc. Etc. It really isn't easy.
However, in the end I have decided to go with my longest story To Those Who Wait. It's a first time Gibbs/Ducky AU story.
I am very proud of this story for several reasons:
- At over 125,500 words it is my longest story.
- It was written in one month for NaNoWriMo 2008.
- It's the first time I didn't write in a 100% linear way.**
- It won an NCIS LJ award.
- It was published in zine format even though it was on the web.
- A child (Kelly Gibbs) played a major part in the story and I don't 'do' children.
- It included a femmeslash couple as well (Shannon Gibbs/Jenny Shepard - two characters I don't really care for).
- I personally think it is probably the best story I have ever written.
So here we are, the end of the 'journey' the final question answered. This meme really has made me very nostalgic.
**Strictly speaking in the past I had written stories whereby I had skipped any sex scene I was planning to write just writing 'sex scene' and then carrying on with the story. However, the story was still written in the 'start at the beginning and go on to the end' way. But in To Those Who Wait, I skipped about quite a lot.
30 – Do you have a favourite fic you've written? What makes it your favourite? And don't forget to give us a link!