The lovely girl only asked me nice ones - thank you, my friend.
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions of a very intimate and creepily personal nature. Or not so creepy/personal.
3. You WILL update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1. Favourite actor.
An easy one to start with: David McCallum.
2. London or Amsterdam.
I'm not a city girl, I confess. And I've never been to the latter, whereas I have been to the former. However, I'll opt for Amsterdam.
3. Favourite tv show of all time.
::Rolls eyes:: Oh, this is so mean. So unfair. One show? Only one show? Eeek. Not easy. Er... Given it's my current obsession, I'll go for NCIS.
4. Reason you get out of bed in morning.
Good reasons: Because I'd rather interact with my friends once I've brushed my teeth, showered and got dressed.
Not so good reason: Because by getting up time I'm in too much pain to lay there any longer.
5. Favourite time of the day.
Easy: Morning. I'm an lark.
EDITED FOR ADDITIONAL INTERVIEWS
1. If you had to choose... Ducky or Illya?
Ooh, now that is so difficult. But... I'll have to go with Ducky because he's so huggable and I could listen to him talk for hours (and I'm probably understand him more than when Illya launches into Quantum Mechanics).
2. What's your favourite Illya moment?
Very difficult. It's been a while since I saw the eps (my bad), but I think it would have to be when he says to Napoleon 'We have each other'.
3. What's your favourite Gibbs/Ducky scene other than I had specified in my own answers? (You get that right back! LOL).
The walking hug - no question about it.
(And of course the hat scene and the face pat and... See, I avoided mentioning the ones you did). But seriously, yep, the hug. Just so, so perfect.
4. If you had the chance to meet David McCallum and/or Mark Harmon in California at a con because you won tickets to that con, and you didn't have any money and can't ask other people for money either... What would you do to finance your trip?
I'd try writing short stories for magazines, articles, even a mainstream book (although that would probably take too long). And also I'd crack on with my knitting and try to sell some of that.
5. What's your favourite Gibbs/Ducky story you've ever written?
Gosh, that's a difficult one.
I've come to the conclusion that I really can't pick one. I have three for differing reasons.
Eclipsed By Courage. Because it shows both men as courageous, but in completely different ways.
The Strange Behavior of Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Because it shows just what lengths Ducky will go to for Jethro.
A Double Celebration. Because it touches my romantic soul, and is probably my most romantic story.
Next up was aingeal8c
1) What's your favourite month?
Hmm. Difficult. I've always liked June, because it's mid-way through the year and we can look forward to the nights getting longer again :-) But I also really like December, because it's cold and wintry and it has Christmas in it.
2) Which has been your favourite season of NCIS?
Has to be Season Two, as it has my two most favourite episodes in it.
3) What was the first slash story you read?
Down Roads Long Passed. A Starsky & Hutch story. It was stumbling across this story that made me realise I wasn't alone and that there was a thing called slash.
4) What's your favourite film?
A Night To Remember.
5) Which is the most recent book you've read?
Mrs. Pargeter's Point of Honour by Simon Brett.
On to k1mono
1. What makes Steel interesting to you?
So many things. But in a nutshell, because it is clear that he is so much more than what we see. He had more powers than are known about (even by Sapphire).
2. If you could change anything about Ducky, what would it be?
Golly. Now that is a difficult one. I'm not saying he's perfect, because no one is, but... I love his talking to the bodies, his longish hair, his bow-ties, his car, his whole nature. So... I guess it'd be that he'd stop faffing about and tell Jethro once and for all that Jethro moved himself and his boat into Ducky's house, assuming of course that he wouldn't put his mother into a home.
3. Zines or online fics?
Zines. It's nothing to do with quality, it's simply because I'm a bibliomaniac and love being able to snuggle down with a book.
4. What particular characteristic or physical attributes made you pick out David McCallum as a favourite actor?
There wasn't one, actually. It was just the overall man. The way he played the roles, the way he brought them to life, the way he didn't mind being shorter than his fellow actors or actresses, his whole being.
5. Chocolate or sex?
And bonafide_nocta asked:
1. If you were asked to rewrite the script of a MFU episode of your choosing, which would you choose and what would you change?
As you said 'episode', I guess I can't go for The Fifteen Years Later Affair, can I? Oh, well. It'd be The Dove Affair. And I'd rewrite it because Illya isn't in it at all, and I'd bring him into it.
2. Which character in NCIS do you relate to the most?
Eek. Difficult. Very difficult. I see bits of Gibbs in me even some Abby, Jimmy and McGee in me. But I guess overall I think it would be Ducky.
3. What would your reaction be if the Silver/Steel pairing has magically become canon?
Please. Pretty please.
Seriously. I'd love it. I'd love it if Gibbs/Ducky (oh, wait, I forgot they are *g*), and Napoleon/Illya also became canon. For me it would be the icing on the cake. I know that a lot of people would actually get turned off from the show if it became 'real', but me, I'd be even more enthralled.
4. What kind of genre do you prefer to write? And what genre do you prefer to read about?
Well now, I guess it depends on what you mean by genre. I know what I mean, but different people mean different things ::sigh:: So to try to cover the most likely possibilities, and if I'm wrong, let me know what you mean and I'll put it right.
Slash. First. Foremost. And always. Apart from one Buffy/Angel (het) drabble and one Wes&Giles (Gen) I only ever write slash. I only read slash too, the reason being that too many people try to sneak het in under gen, and I do not want to read het. I will read gen (in fact I've just done so a minute or two ago), if I know it's 'real' gen.
If that isn't what you mean by genre, how about established relationships. I prefer to write them and I prefer to read them. Oh and the conflict is mostly or indeed all external to the couple.
And one more attempt, romance I guess is my favourite genre. Although again, following what most people regard as romance (Mills and Boon, known as Harlequin in the US, another Dutch friend of mine did tell me once what you know them as, but I can't recall it off hand), then I don't write traditional romance. My characters don't spend the entire story lusting after one another, falling out, arguing, etc. etc. only to get together in two lines at the end. Maybe I should say instead that I write love stories.
Basically my reading and writing tastes are exactly the same.
5. Have you ever seen anime on TV or in the movie theatre?
I have actually. My very first fandom friend got heavily into some, and when we moved up to Scotland last year, before we moved to where we are now, she brought some round to show me, so that I could get a feel for what she liked.
And now for doylebaby
1. If you had to let go of all your fandoms except one, which one would that be?
Oh, dear. You won't like the answer to this, but I suspect you'll know what it'll be. NCIS. Sorry, sweetheart. Forgive me?
2. If you would be the next winner of a million pounds what would be the first thing you would do?
The first thing? Put it in the Bank. Okay, sorry, I'm being literal - sorry! After that, probably extend our home just enough so that J could have a decent size office, have a 'proper' garage put up and also build a small annex for guests.
3. Martin Shaw or David McCallum (current age)?
David McCallum ::ducks for cover::
4. What's the best Pros story you have ever read?
Ah, easy. Gentle On My Mind by Kathy Keegan.
5. What's your all time favourite film?
A Night To Remember.
Now it's probodie's turn.
1. How did you find slash in the first place?
Now that's an easy one. I had just discovered that three Starsky & Hutch videos had been brought out, and was browsing the web to see if any others had been planned. Somehow my browsing turned up a story called: Down Roads Long Passed. I started to read it and my mouth literally feel open. There was a story that was about the kind of thing that I'd been fantacising for years and thinking myself weird and strange. More searching ensued, before I finally found a S&H Archive and found that not only did loads of stories like this exist, but there was a term for it and there were lots of people who shared my fantasies. I sent a quick (what I now know to be a LoC) note off to the author of one of the stories, pouring my 'OMG this is wonderful, now I know I'm not odd' thoughts out (as well as praising the story), got invited to join a S&H list. The rest, as they say, is history.
2. What other interests and hobbies do you have?
Reading is my main one. But I also enjoy knitting; watching tennis and listening to music. I love cooking too, but sadly due to my disability I can't do as much as I like/used to do.
3. You are stranded on a desert island, what three things MUST you have with you?
Okay, so I'm going to put aside all my medical/disabled paraphernalia for the sake of this. So... Books. Book. Oh and books :-) I would say a laptop/PC, but plugging it in, getting an Internet connection might be a problem :-) Some kind of shelter; a comfy bed and books.
4. What DON'T you like about LJs?
The main one I guess is that when you find an interesting discussion on your f-list/community, you have to keep remembering to return there to see what's going on, as unlike mailing lists, you don't get the new messages all the time. People who moan about other people doing/not doing something and then doing it themselves. The way the LJ PTB keep foisting things on us without actually consulting their 'customers'!
5. If you could only pick ONE of your icons to keep, which would it be and why?
One? One? You are so mean. ::Sigh:: How can I possibly pick one? Okay, I guess it would have to be this one:
Because it's a canonical one and just proves they are together :-)
But really. And I thought you were my friend ::giggle:: (Just teasing you, sweetheart).
And now for ptyx
1) What is your most treasured possession?
Putting aside hubby and my dog, as not being possessions, and books as they are more than one, I'd have to say my laptop. It enables me the kind of freedom to communicate with friends, write, etc. etc. that without it I wouldn't be able to do.
2) How did you come to know fan fiction?
I had just discovered that three Starsky & Hutch videos had been brought out, and was browsing the web to see if any others had been planned. Somehow my browsing turned up a story called: Down Roads Long Passed. I started to read it and my mouth literally feel open. There was a story that was about the kind of thing that I'd been fantacising for years and thinking myself weird and strange. More searching ensued, before I finally found a S&H Archive and found that not only did loads of stories like this exist, but there was a term for it and there were lots of people who shared my fantasies. I sent a quick (what I now know to be a LoC) note off to the author of one of the stories, pouring my 'OMG this is wonderful, now I know I'm not odd' thoughts out (as well as praising the story), got invited to join a S&H list. The rest, as they say, is history. (I confess this is a copy of my answer to someone else who asked me this question *g*)
3) What do you consider your greatest achievement so far?
Surviving the car crash that left me permanently disabled, and in pain twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and basically learning to live with that disability that has got worse over the years, and led to my early retirement on medical grounds.
4) Can you describe your lost illusions?
I'm not really sure that I have any. Or if I did I lost them it was long ago enough for me not to really remember them. But the basic one, that actually despite me knowing that it is an illusion, still saddens me, is that there are so many people in the world who don't believe in simple mutual respect.
5) What's your favourite flower?
I'm honestly not certain I have one. But I'll go for freeshias.
Does anyone else want to play?