List Your Top Six Favourite Shows.
Five of these were easy, but boy did I have problems picking a sixth!
2. The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
3. The Professionals
4. Due South
5. Sapphire and Steel
6. Buffy The Vampire Slayer
1. Who is your favourite character from #2? [MFU]
2. Who is your least favourite character from #4? [Due South]
3. What would a crossover between #1 and #5 include? [NCIS and Sapphire & Steel]
I'll let you know in a few weeks when I write it :-) But romance and love between Gibbs/Ducky and Silver/Steel, plus an explanation for why the two elements suddenly arrive in Gibbs's basement to find Gibbs & Ducky kissing. And some comment from Gibbs about him being surprised there's yet another person whom Ducky looks like. And possible slight concern on Ducky's behalf over whether Jethro's obsession for redheads extends to men. Other than that, it'll happen as I write it :-)
4. Who is your favourite ship from #6? [Buffy The Vampire Slayer]
5. If you were to set one person from #3 and one person from #6 on a blind date, who would they be? [The Professionals and Buffy The Vampire Slayer]
Eeek! I have no idea. How about Cowley and Willow? I think they might get on well.
6. If you could meet one person from #4 and spend the day with them, who would it be, and what would you do? [Due South]
Strictly speaking, it's not a person, but I'd go for Dief and I'd spend the day letting him teach Tansy how to be intelligent :-) And Dief is such a lovely character, it would be great fun to have him for a day.
7. If you could change one thing about #2's plot line, what would you change? [The Man From U.N.C.L.E.]
I'd rewrite The Fifteen Years Later Affair - for one thing, it wouldn't be fifteen years!
8. Explain a relationship between two people (not necessarily romantic) from show #5, and why you like the relationship between them. [Sapphire & Steel]
The relationship as working partners between the two leads, Sapphire and Steel, is fascinating. They are quite different, both have skills and powers and complement one another very well. On the face of it Sapphire has a greater number of powers than Steel, but he is clearly 'in charge', and there's also far more to him than meets the eyes. Sapphire makes Steel, apparently much against his will, more 'human' on occasions, and in turn Steel takes the difficult decisions and makes Sapphire do the things she needs to do, but what she couldn't do alone, without his support. They know how to work together and how to get the other to do what needs doing.
9. If the lead title characters (first name in the credits) from #1 and #3 were both drowning, and you could only save one, who would it be? [NCIS and The Professionals]
Gibbs or Cowley. Well both of them would be saying 'save the other', but... I'm afraid that it would have to be Gibbs - although given that he was a Marine, one would hope that he'd be the one doing the rescuing :-)
10. If you could change the title characters' order in the credits for #4, what order would you choose? [Due South]
I wouldn't actually. Although I would add Dief to the credits :-)
11. If you were able to add a new character, any kind of character you wanted, to the storyline for #6, what would the character be like and what would their role be? [Buffy The Vampire Slayer]
Given that this is an ensemble show and a very well balanced one at that, I have to say that I can't think of any kind of character that would need adding - the show covers pretty much every eventuality.
12. What happens in your favourite episode of show #2? [The Man From U.N.C.L.E]
Napoleon and Illya 'set up home' together.
13. If you could kill off one of the characters of #1, who would it be and how would you do it? [NCIS]
Madam Jenn!!!! (Oh, please).
Again for the 'how', wait a few weeks and I'll see that happens when I start the story. However, thinking (as I have given this matter some thought), Jenn's duplicity is finally revealed, and we see that she is in fact a baddie. We find out more about just what did happen in Paris, exactly what Gibbs covered up and why. She takes Ducky hostage in Autopsy and Gibbs, knowing her only too well - she will kill Ducky - does surrender his gun, and instead tries to talk her out of what will effectively be suicide, she won't get out of the building alive if she kills Ducky. DiNozzo doesn't have a chance of a shot, McGee does and is about to take it when Ziva takes matters into her own hands, and takes Jenn out herself. Heartbroken by what she did to her closest friend, Ziva decides to leave NCIS; after all she is only there because Jenn pulled strings and wanted her there and she knows that Gibbs, despite the fact that she has now not only saved his life, but the life of his lover, will never trust her as he should trust a member of his team.
14. If you got the chance to visit the set for either show #3 or show #5, which would you choose? [The Professionals and Sapphire & Steel]
Have to be Sapphire & Steel because of David McCallum
15. So, I saved the best question for last. If you could date anyone from any of these shows, which show and which person?
But... But... But... But... But... For the first five of these, the people I love mostly belong to one another ::wails:: And I wouldn't dream of breaking up a partnership. However, putting that aside, this is only fun, right? Here goes: (And yep, they are all my favourite characters that I've chosen).
1. NCIS - Gibbs and/or Ducky (Sorry, I really cannot choose)
2. The Man From U.N.C.L.E. - Illya Kuryakin
3. The Professionals - Ray Doyle
4. Due South - Ray Vecchio
5. Sapphire & Steel - Steel
6. Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Giles
I tag anyone on my f-list who hasn't done it and/or wants to do it.